Converted Class: The Sage/The Ritualist
The Court Wizard has the ability to swap players at night, redirecting attacks, conversions and investigations alike. This is an enormously powerful but hard to use power.
If a Blue Dragon ally is recently revealed, they are probably going to be killed or converted. Try using your Tornado ability to swap targets of the confirmed Blue Dragon with one you believe to be suspicious to get them to accidentally kill their own evils or fail at a convert attempt. The safest way to protect from converts is to Clear Mind the conversion target.
Don't forget that Tornado can also get your allies accidentally killed, if used incorrectly!
Although there are more ways to use Tornado as the Sage converted counterpart, there are still many ways to use your Tornado ability, only limited to your creativity.
|Clear Mind||Day||3||Focusing your thoughts, make a player immune to conversion tonight.|
|Icy Veins||Day||2||Intensify will render your target death immune, in addition to its normal effects tonight.|
|Intensify||Night||∞||Fortify runes on target player, allowing them to bypass both occupation and redirection tonight. Your target will know they were intensified if it helped them.
|Tornado||Night||3||Target 2 players. Redirect all players targeting either of your targets to the other. You will be immune to any occupation or redirection that was swapped to yourself.
- You will not be aware if Intensify helped your target, only your target will know.
- Both you and your target are not told if Clear Mind or Icy Veins on your Intensify helped them.
- If you use Tornado on a target that is also being targeted by a similar ability such as Tornado from The Court Wizard or The Sage, the player higher on the player list will take priority, and have their ability happen first.
- For example: There is  The Court Wizard and  The Sage.
-  decides to use Tornado on  and .
-  decides to use Tornado on  and .
-  would use Tornado on  and  successfully.
-  would be redirected to , and uses Tornado on  and .
- Both Clear Mind and Icy Veins cannot enhance Tornado.
- The Court Wizard has a very powerful ability, Tornado, which can make The Assassin attack themselves, make conversion fail and redirect attacks towards other suspicious players. It can, however, hinder The Blue Dragon players by rendering players protected by Knights or Physicians vulnerable and interfere with investigation results.
- Players visited a target of Tornado will know their target has been switched, and who with.
- Generally, it is best to use Tornado instead of Intensify on the first night, since this is the most reliable way to confirm yourself. If you are put on trial and post logs without any successful uses of Tornado, many players may execute you on the principle that lying about having used Intensify is too easy. In Unseen games, if people were redirected by your Tornado, they know that you at least started the game as the Court Wizard.
- The only other classes in the game to be able to swap players is the Ritualist and the converted The Sage. They will accordingly often claim Court Wizard.
- Using the Court Wizard's Intensify, Clear Mind, and Icy Veins abilities, you can really swing the game into BDs favor. But you have to make sure that it targets the right classes. For example, finding The Butler or The Drunk is ideal as then you can have them deal with tricky scum while staying alive and not being converted. Use all resources available to your advantage.
Lore: The Court Wizard & The Sage
“Ancient knowledge of fire and ice shall ward off foes of any kinds, for I am the staff of the king.”
"I find solace in my warded room at night, but fear this may be my last. I used the last of my magic to summon forth a runed spell of protection to guard me this night - I hope it will last.
At first light, I found myself still breathing! But I discovered those closest to me begin to fall without the faintest sound of fading life. I suspect our King is not who he says. Those that speak up are at risk to be executed for treason against the realm. I have already seen too many falsely slain by coercion and trickery.
Sun sets and I swiftly scribe in my journal my final thoughts to leave behind for the others -- That the king is not of our faction -- but is a traitor! ...a member of the Unseen.. My brothers, I fear you may be next--"
Night Room: Wizard's Room