Portraitcard bluedragon goodkingPortraitcard unseen unseenkingPortraitcard cult cultkingPortraitcard neutral neutralking Portraitcard neutral pretenderking.minPortraitcard neutral psychoking

Class Summary

 Converted Class: Immune to Convert

The King is a Guaranteed Unique Special class that belongs to a Random faction with the objective of that faction.

He can not be investigated and will not appear to Unseen or Cult members as a member of their faction, even if he is. He can not be attacked by Blue Dragon Killer classes, or The Alchemist.

As of patch 2.0.1, the initial King will be assigned to Blue Dragon (65% chance of appearing) or Cult/Unseen (35% chance of appearing)

If the King is Neutral (by being crowned from a Neutral class that is not a Neutral Killer or The Pretender), they only have to Survive the game to win. If the King was crowned from the Neutral Killer and becomes Psycho King, his goal will be to kill everyone who is from the major factions and survive. If the King was crowned from The Pretender, they must survive the game. If the King is assigned to any of the major factions, his objective will be to eliminate all opposing factions and the Neutral Killer. The Neutral, Pretender, and Psycho Kings can't be assigned as the starting King.

If the King is killed, a self-nomination process is started to find a replacement to lead the court. All classes can step forward to nominate themselves to replace the King. If only one person steps forward, they instantly become the King. If two or more people step forward, a voting ballot to choose the next King from the candidates will be started. The candidates will have time to convince the court and try to get votes needed to become the new King. Any votes on Royal classes (classes with the Royal Blood passive) will be counted twice, so they have a higher likelihood of becoming king.

If there is no candidate after two consecutive rounds of self-nomination, a vacuum of power occurs, where there will be no king for the rest of the game. In the late game if there are less than 5 players alive after a King's death, there will be no more nominations for King.

Special-Type Special Abilities

The abilities (and associated mechanics) that the King has is based off of which King they are:


  • The starting King is always player number 1.
  • You cannot use both The Royal Finger and Decide Fate on the same day.
  • The King's name will always be Golden when they speak in chat.
  • None of The King's abilities can be Gossiped by the Noble.
  • Abilities which normally cannot target the King can be forced to target him by Debauch/Strings of Mithras if the class is not immune to occupation. If the class is immune to occupation, redirecting it to King requires that they visit the first target of a Tornado/Teleport which has been redirected to King by Debauch/Strings of Mithras. Such unlikely combinations can result in The King being bled by The Hunter, killed by an Alchemist, or occupied by a Drunk.


  • As starting Evil or Cult King, ways of secretly communicating your identity to your allies can be placed into one of two broad categories. The first is to act or say something suspicious publicly and hope that only your allies catch on. The second way, which is generally better, is to carefully craft a statement or action that will prove you are evil only to your allies, while keeping Blue Dragon oblivious. One example could be not mentioning that an Illusionist used their Mental Blur ability on you. Another is pretending to have been bled, poisoned or distracted when you really weren't.
  • Be sure to keep up with the leads people give you and do something with the information people give you, otherwise you will be dubbed a Useless/Evil King and the Butlers will poison you!
  • If you are the BD King, it is a good idea to start Safeguarding The Prince if they decide to out themselves, as Prince is a high target for the Evil factions to kill.
  • Decide Fate can be used early in the game when you are an Evil King/Cult King. If someone claims Prince or another powerful Blue Dragon class while on trial, it can be a very good idea to decide their fate. Even if it means your death, getting The Prince killed early game will benefit your faction greatly.
  • When playing as an Evil King, try to let the Unseen know you are their ally, for example, by fake-claiming distracted.
  • The Royal Finger is a useful ability for showing allies exactly who to vote for, or splitting votes or misdirecting the Blue Dragon as an Evil King/Cult King.
  • If you are a Neutral King/Evil King, it might be a good idea to eliminate The Butlers as they can poison you, get an Alchemist on your side, to protect you from the Butler's Nightshade Wine.
  • Be aware of your Guards ability (2 uses) as elected Neutral King. Choosing to side with the Blue Dragon faction could be risky if you're out of Guards - The Unseen/Cult could try to attack you out of spite or even bleed you. So the best way to stay alive is to truly act neutral, do not push for executions/trials on your own.

Lore: The BD King (Blue Dragon)

Revamped Good King

The BD King struggles with power - learning his followers are not all who they claim to be, and his devoted ones seemingly lacking devotion. When the king falls, who shall rise? He worries not about himself, but the kingdom: if he were no longer to be the keeper of balance. This chosen one struggles if he should take action, or silently wait for the ideal moment to avenge his royal family.

Lore: The Unseen Path of Corruption

Revamped Unseen king
The Royal blood that flows through this man that challenges the throne is that of

the Unseen faction. His heart is as black as the dungeon chambers that stretch far beneath the kingdom. His eyes glowing of deceit, as if already devouring the souls of the people he lays sight upon – for he is no king of men, but a harbinger of death and a slave-master to both loyal servants and enemies alike.

Lore: The Psycho King

Psycho king

Our Scouts are still searching for the secrets of this mysterious king.

Lore: The Pretender King

The Pretender King

Our Scouts are still scouring the records for more information.

Night Room: The Royal Chambers


Screenshot by Loremaster DMS405


May, 2016.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.