Converted Class: Immune to Convert
This class will appear in every game that the Unseen is present, as it is the nominal leader of the Unseen. The Mastermind can convert others to join the Unseen faction which changes their class to a "darker" version that may have different abilities directed towards the benefit of the Unseen faction, instead of the Blue Dragon.
If the Mastermind is killed before the starting assassin, the starting assassin will become the Mastermind.
|Can't Touch This||Passive||∞||Immune to death (at night) and bleeding.|
|In the Shadows||Passive||∞||Appears as "not suspicious" to investigative abilities for the first 3 nights.
|Suicide||Special||1||Commit suicide at the end of the night. This ability should only be used when necessary, otherwise the use of this ability will result in punishment.
|Little Bird||Day||2||Dispatch a little bird, informing you of the contents of whispers to and from target player for the rest of the day.|
|Dirty Work||Day||∞||If there are no Unseen members left, you will become the Assassin at the beginning of the night.
|Attempt to convert a player into joining the Unseen.
|Foresight||Night||4||Discover a player’s converted class type, if any.
- Convert will randomly select a convertible target player if it would fail for the third time in a row.
- Dirty Work is not locked in until the start of the night, and can be unselected.
- While Dirty Work is an infinite use ability, it can only be used once due to the fact that you become The Assassin when you use it.
- Little Birds will not see whispers to and from a Illusionist if they use the ability Private Matters. (all whispers to and from them will be hidden for the day)
- If Foresight is used on a Framed target, it will show that the target cannot be converted.
- Some classes are more powerful than others. At some times, it may be worth the time to discover more powerful classes and Convert them, after discovering the best. However, at other times, it may be a wiser use of your time to just convert the first class that you know that won't be Immune to your ability.
- Be careful who you convert, as some may be more useful than others. It's up to you if you'd prefer to wait for the best classes to convert or to just get the most you can before someone calls you out for Treason. Sometimes converting a less useful class is better than waiting to discover a more powerful one through Foresight.
- A great way to frame someone is to use Foresight on someone that you know has a Scout on them. It will show as an Unseen visit and there is a great possibility that the player you foresighted will be executed by the Sheriff the next day.
- Before dawn breaks, you can send your finding in the chat from your ability Foresight. Your fellow Unseen is capable of seeing this, but the rest of the court will be oblivious.
- If the game comes down to Unseen versus Reaper, it can be smart to trick the Reaper into thinking that a different Unseen player is the Mastermind. This way, the Reaper either wastes a regular reap on you, or wastes 2 souls to empower reap someone who isn't even death immune.
- If the game comes down to Unseen versus Possessor, with three players alive at the end of the day (Mastermind, Assassin and Possessor) you can tell your Assassin to bleed the Possessor and to use the Suicide ability during the night. That way the game will end up in a One-versus-One situation, meaning the Possessor can't force your Assassin to vote you out. The Possessor can't kill the Mastermind now because he is immune to death and the Possessor will bleed out.
- Common claims for the Mastermind are The Sheriff, The Maid, and The Princess. This is because the Mastermind appears as Special/Investigative when flirted by a Princess.
- Use the Little Birds ability on a person who gets a lot of whispers. For example, The King or The Prince in order to gain valuable information for the Unseen.
- To gain credibility as a legitimate Investigative class, some Masterminds may consider bussing a teammate. Bussing is when you pretend to "find" an Unseen member, and out them to the court. You need to have convincing logs and persuade the court to get your teammate executed. Since you appear like an actual Investigative, other players are dissuaded from checking you. However, you MUST talk to your teammate before bussing them or it counts as gamethrowing. They do not need to consent to being bussed, but you must have mentioned it to them at one point in the game.
- If you have your starting Assassin alive, and the starting King is dead, you might want to push for being King, as your Assassin will automatically become the new Mastermind because of his passive Apprentice. Only the starting Assassin has this passive. This will open up a convert slot, you will be an Evil King, and you won't lose your Mastermind.
There is not much known about The Mastermind. No one has actually seen The Mastermind's face.
Our scouts are working on this information.