Converted Class: Immune to Convert
The only real weakness is being called out for Treason, as you cannot Possess someone while on stand, and if you are executed, your body will show as The Possessor, even if you used Facelift that day.
If The Possessor is to be investigated, they will appear Not Suspicious.
Note: Other Neutral factions won't necessarily assist you, as their objectives are their own.
|Blackened Shield||Passive||∞||Death immune (at night).|
|Facelift||Day||∞||Choose what class your body will leave behind when you use your Possess night ability. Can only be used once a day.|
|Mind Control||Day||3||Force a player to vote and prevent target from further voting.
|Puppet Strings||Night||∞||Control target player and see their whispers tomorrow. Then, force them to attack a 2nd target for you.
|Possess||Night||2||Jump to target player's body, acquiring their logs/deathnote and healing yourself. Your old body will reveal your old logs and selected Facelift class.
- When you decide to Possess, you will 'kill yourself' and kill the possessed player to take control of his body, leaving behind your old body to die. The court will see your old dead body the following day.
- Your Possess ability has the lowest priority of any night action; this means that everything else gets resolved before it. In particular:
- If your possession target is checked by an investigative on the same night that you possess them, the investigation will turn up that target's results and not yours, since you haven't swapped with them yet - Cult and Unseen will appear as evil to the Sheriff and Paladin, for instance.
- If you are targeted by something that would kill you through your immunity, trying to jump that night will not allow you to escape it.
- You cannot Possess a target who is Death Immune. If you attempt to do so, the Possess will fail, the charge will be refunded, and you will be notified that the target was Death Immune.
- If you use Puppet Strings and control someone into visiting The Butler or The Servant who is using Concentrated Wine, you will be occupied.
- You can't control The King with Puppet Strings.
- You can control yourself to kill someone with Puppet Strings.
- If you Possess one of The Inquisitor's Heretics The Inquisitor will still need to see the body you Possessed dead.
- You should try to imitate your Possess victim, as to not draw suspicion. Act like your victim and keep your logs consistent. Do NOT be lazy when it comes to writing your logs, as any sudden change of adding logs can lead to an instant execution by a sharp mindedBlue Dragon.
- You check for any death note that is drawn by the original player and erase them as it may out you as possessor who jumped.
- If you Possess a member of the Cult/Unseen, that person will not show up at the nightly meeting. If they know that person is not imprisoned or reaped, the evil faction will be able to deduce that you are The Possessor. Another way the evil faction may identify you is if there are only two Cult and you've possessed The Cult Leader (the remaining Cult will become The Cult Leader and realize you must be The Possessor), if there are three Unseen and you possess The Assassin (the remaining Unseen that isn't The Mastermind will become The Assassin, again proving to them that you are The Possessor), or if there is a Mastermind and an Assassin and you possess the Assassin (and it's Day 4+), the Mastermind will be able to use Dirty Work.
- One way players may counter you is by exchanging passwords, and then having each other repeat the password back again each morning in a whisper. If you possess someone and then get asked for the password, this could be your downfall since you won't know the correct answer, unless you have read the whispers with Puppet Strings.
- Remember that your Puppet Strings ability does not occupy the target player, so it can't be used to block them from attacking or investigating you.
- You can use The Knight or The Hunter to kill important Blue Dragon member or The Mastermind by stringing them into a Knight's Guard or Hunter's Bear Companion. This way they can't be heal or saved at all.
- You should always use Facelift before your first possession to avoid alerting everyone that a possessor is present. One strategy is to disguise your corpse as another neutral killer (either The Sorcerer or The Reaper), so they'll think that the neutral killer is dead and won't be on guard for you until everyone else is gone.
- If you are going to leave behind a Sorcerer or Reaper corpse, it may be best to wait a few nights (or to do it on your second swap, leaving something innocuous on your first), since people will likely be suspicious if a Sorcerer or Reaper dies out of the blue in the first few nights.
- You will also need to come up with an explanation for how the Sorcerer/Reaper died. Unless you can fake a Circle of Death. People can guess that you Facelifted and jumped a Reaper corpse. And because the Sorcerer cannot die at night, except for an Enforcer Frenzy and The Prince's Execute, it will be hard to convincingly fake a Sorcerer death
- If you want to make people believe the killer is The Reaper, one option is to remain completely silent (and not vote) the day before you swap out, giving the impression that you were reaped. Obviously, this won't work if you intend to use Facelift to leave a Reaper corpse behind.
- You can couple this with using Puppet Strings to send attacks at anyone who was silent and inactive the day before, to give the impression of a series of reaped kills.
- Facelifting as a unique Blue Dragon class may convince Blue Dragon to execute anyone who claimed that class. If you've facelifted as The Hunter you may get the real Hunter killed in this way, and his last accuser will be killed as well by Retribution. 2 birds with 1 stone! If The Hunter is instead executed by The Prince, The Prince will then lose his executions.
- In an Unseen game, facelifting a result that later gets revealed as impossible (such as a unique role) may lead people to suspect a Herbalist. In a Cult game it is much more dangerous, since it immediately reveals your presence to attentive players.
- Always leave incorrect info in your logs when you Facelift to cause confusion and get Blue Dragon members to execute each other. You might also Facelift as a Drunk after having recorded in your logs that you successfully debauched a Blue Dragon member who claimed an occupy immune class. Just don't make your corpse's logs too suspicious, otherwise people may think it was a possessor jump, and not a death of that actual class.
- If possible, make sure to kill Physicians to prevent them from using their Exhume ability on one of your killed targets. That way the court can't be sure which Neutral Killer is in the game, also making your Jumps (=The corpse you left behind after using your Possess ability) more believable.
- The best people to possess are those who have confirmed themselves, but whose abilities aren't ones that allow for continuous confirmation - for instance, The Sheriff or The Paladin after they've successfully caught someone, or The Knight or The Court Wizard after they've been confirmed by events. This becomes less effective once everyone has started to suspect a possessor. Try not to be greedy and get an Alchemist killed one way or another however as she can win with you regardless.
- You can possess the King. However, you won't be able to use his Royal Finger ability, which makes it easy for you to be called out once people grow suspicious; generally, it's only viable when nobody suspects a Possessor.
- Additionally, it's dangerous to possess the king near the end of the game (especially if you've tricked people into thinking that the neutral killer was The Reaper or The Sorcerer via Facelift), since people's first instinct if the game doesn't end when it should is to assume that the king is of the enemy faction.
- Since Puppet Strings allows you to see whispers to and from your first target, you can easily claim Noble in the early game. However, since Maid Spy is changed, your cover could get blown up easily early game, causing you to get executed by Prince or get targeted by the court.
- Be wary of executing very suspicious people if you still have charges of Possess because if you vote execute on a Fool you will lose a charge of Possess which could cost you the game.
- An Observer may Observe you Possessing someone. To avoid getting outed this way, admit who you visited in the last entry of your fake logs to maintain plausible deniability if your new body is accused of being possessed.
- It's helpful to keep track of claims in your private notes, since you lose your old logbook whenever you Possess someone.
- Be careful about possessing Heretics! If you possess one of them, and the Inquisitor checks you at night they will know you are the Possessor! And since they will know need to see you die, they will gladly out you to the rest of the court!
There is not much known about the possessor. Some say he's only a myth. But just in case, we sent out scouts to research this..
Night Room: Room of Rituals
(After Patch 2.0)