Converted Class: Immune to Convert
The Reaper is a Unique class, but is not Guaranteed. They start with two souls, which can otherwise be obtained through the Reap ability, which kills a player while leaving their empty body for one day before dying. When enough souls are gathered, the collected souls can be consumed to empower Reap. The Icy Touch ability can be used during the day phase to send a target temporarily into death, causing them to be unable to speak or vote for the remainder of the day.
Note: Other Neutral factions won't necessarily assist you, as their objectives are their own.
|Consume Soul||Passive||2*||Start with 2 souls. If you die at night, you will consume 1 soul to revive.|
|Icy Touch||Day||1*||Consume 2 souls to silence a player and block their voting for the day.
|Gather Darkness||Day||1*||Consume 2 souls to make Reap bypass death immunity tonight. Can not be cancelled once used.|
|Reap||Night||∞||Reap the soul of target player, killing them and leaving an empty body for 1 day.
|Circle of Death||Night||2*||Consume 1 souls to kill everyone visiting target player.|
- Consume Soul will be used no matter what the cause of death, except being executed by The Prince. This includes bleeding.
- Icy Touch will prevent its target from using Emotes
- If you use Gather Darkness and then Reap a target protect by The Knight, you will reap the Knight instead of the target.
- You will only ever consume one soul in a night you are attacked, regardless of how many times you were attacked.
- When a player is Reaped, they will appear to still be alive to court but cannot vote, give information to court or use abilities. Essentially, they are dead, but only they know it.
- The number of charges on Icy Touch, Gather Darkness and Circle of Death will always display the number of souls you have, rather than how many times they can be used.
- The best type of people to use your Reap ability on are against either someone that is going to kill you or is capable of Occupying you
- It's often in your best interest to hold off on using Gather Darkness until you have three souls. Staying alive is usually more important.
- Generally, it is best to take out an even number of members from each faction, to weaken both sides at the same time.
- If you forget how many souls you currently have, look at the number of charges on your abilities.
- An aggressive strategy involves eliminating the first King. After the first King dies and the next King gets elected, Gather Darkness and Reap the King in the second night. If you fail to reap someone from the first night, you may want to back down and abort this strategy as you might die to a Knight's Defend should he choose to guard the King on the second night.
- If there are 6 or less total players left at the table, you can prevent them from putting you on trial even if everyone knows who you are by reaping one and chilling another. This is because a majority vote is required to execute you during the day, but this majority can't be obtained since half of the players cannot vote against you (the reaped player + the chilled player + yourself). Careful in regards to The Noble and their converted counterparts as they are able to use Force Vote while chilled and are able to use it on Reaped/Chilled players.
- Circle of Death is a strong ability to get multiple kills in one night. Despite that, it is often not used by majority of the players, since the most reliable kills from it come from killing healers. The Reaper's Reap is already unhealable, so keeping healers around is usually a good idea, so you can pin the blame on them during the days.
Lore: A Wandering Servant
A bard in a tavern sung jolly songs every night at a local tavern for 7 years always managing to entertain the patrons and making a well earned living at the time till one night he was accosted outside before his show. He entered the tavern and began to sing, but his words... they warped to form a soliloquy of despair.
The lyrics were "...and in the dark, those muggers see, their fateful eyes shall rest. For with my words, and my last breath, I'll put them to the test. With woeful sorrow, and fated faith, I shall bid you all farewell; as now I sing, Corax's song, and now i ring his bell". At that moment, the tavern was engulfed in the dark cloth of a reaper the size of the tavern and the building was erased from this world.
It appears that the reaper is an ally of no man - although, perhaps, an ally of dark gods.
Class inspired by ozdeger